Environmental and Toxic Tort
Environmental law, mass tort and toxic tort litigation has long been a significant component of Texas law given the concentration of chemical and refining industries in Southeast Texas. Sheehy, Ware & Pappas is widely recognized for its expertise in defending claims resulting from alleged exposure to or contamination by toxic agents. Because of our reputation, numerous clients have sought our help as national coordinating, regional and Texas counsel.
Whether the claim is a single suit for personal injury, or multiple cases involving hundreds or even thousands of exposed individuals, the Firm has the experience to handle the litigation as a partner with the client. We have achieved favorable outcomes for our clients in virtually every type of claim or lawsuit resulting from the manufacture, sale, use and disposal of chemicals and hazardous substances, such as those involving:
- Fibrogenic, carcinogenic and neurotoxic materials, including asbestos, silica, benzene, MTBE and carbon monoxide
- Fugitive emissions from refineries, petrochemical facilities, and storage tanks, including catastrophic failures
- Mold and indoor air quality issues
- Construction defect and defective construction materials
- Contaminated land and Superfund cleanup disputes
Our experience and expertise in this litigation gives us invaluable access to field-related medical and scientific experts. We have also invested in innovative technology that allows us to manage mass litigation in the most cost effective and efficient manner, without sacrificing superior results. We recognize that the client must have timely and meaningful information about individual claims in litigation involving thousands of plaintiffs, so we have designed a database that allows clients access to this information when they need it.