Ms. Fusselman is of counsel to the firm's toxic tort, products liability and general litigation sections and has extensive experience in a number of substantive areas of trial practice, including personal injury, products liability, toxic tort, professional liability, premises liability and commercial litigation. In addition, Ms. Fusselman has extensive experience with complex multi-party litigation and handles all aspects of litigation, including, motion practice, written discovery, depositions, settlement analysis, and trial and arbitration preparation and participation in urban and rural counties throughout Texas.
University of Houston, (J.D., 1995)
Trinity University, (B.A., 1992)
- State Bar of Texas
- Trinity University Bar Association
- Hispanic Professional Network
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management
- Honorable Order of the Blue Goose, International, Texas Pond
Honors and Awards
- Quarterfinalist, Blakely Moot Court Competition, 1994
- Member, Board of Advocates, 1993-1994
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Practice Areas and Casework
- Toxic Tort and Environmental
- Products Liability
- General Civil Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Professional Malpractice
- Assisted in the development and implementation of successful nationwide defense strategy in silica exposure cases.
- Successfully defended clients involved in products liability and premises liability litigation through active summary judgment practice and avoidance of future litigation through development of winning defense strategies.
- Individually managed over 2,000 individual plaintiff claims in silica exposure litigation.
- Implemented a litigation management/client reporting system for client in silica litigation which established a consistent method to evaluate cases involving thousands of plaintiffs.
- Successfully represented hospitals, physicians and nurses in medical malpractice litigation.
- Assisted in professional liability litigation involving attorneys, accountants, architects, securities salesmen and other design professionals in state and federal courts and arbitration proceedings.
- Successfully represented manufacturers against claims arising out of alleged negligent product design, manufacturing, maintenance and marketing defects.
- Assisted with products liability defense involving breast implant litigation.
Publications and Seminar Presentations
Co-author "Recent Developments in Trial Techniques" Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Law Journal, Winter 2003 Vol. 38 No. 2